Volunteering in Care Homes Free Training Course @ The Create Centre
4th July 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Volunteers can be an invaluable resource for care homes. This summer Alive Activities are offering care staff free courses in volunteer recruitment, support and retention. Find out more about how best to engage volunteers and support them on their own journey. Whether you know of a home that could benefit from volunteer support or someone who would like to give their time we’d love to hear from you. See below for our Volunteer Management Course details or visit our website to see full listings of the courses we are offering this summer.
What will the course cover?
The training day will look at the following subjects:
· What roles volunteers can perform
· How to find and retain volunteers
· Paperwork, legalities and GDPR
· Management, training and escalation of issues
· What do you want volunteers to help you with?