As a community organisation, Vocalise Bristol runs events and initiatives in response to the needs and wishes of the local community. Examples of these include:-
- Community journalism workshops (partnered with other media organisations), which get people into journalism and provides a way for them to directly contribute to Vocalise magazine.
- Providing small grants to local community initiatives (funded by way of our Bristol Impact Fund grant).
- Organising regular ‘pop in’ events for people in the community to meet with volunteers and talk about the issues they face, with the potential for these to be covered in Vocalise and on the website.
- Seeking to implement a Neighbourhood Plan for Ashley Ward and updating the existing St Pauls Planning – also looking at forming a Neighbourhood Planning Forum.
- Organising and sponsoring community-run events around St Pauls Carnival.
- Organising and funding community litter-picking events.
- Looking to organise regular park maintenance and tree planting initiatives following the retraction of public funding for this kind of work across the city.