St Pauls and Ashley Ward as a whole has no neighbourhood planning forum. Why is this important?
Because currently residents have little or no say over developments and other things happening in their area – allowing private interests with no local connections to disregard the needs and wishes of local people to make maximum profit for themselves. A Neighbourhood Planning Forum would allow:-
- For the old St Pauls Neighbourhood Plan, dated 2006, to be updated.
- For a Neighbourhood Development Plan, legally binding under the Localism Act, to be written.
- For local people to have a say in developments: all future ones must abide with the plan.
- For the possible creation of a Community Land Trust.
- For other local needs to be identified and addressed.
- For more people, who were previously left out, to have a say in what is happening in their area and have direct influence.
- For the area to have access to more funding.
At least 40 residents are needed to come together and start a neighbourhood planning forum. If you’re interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org